Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Revamp: Ballet Flats


I was looking in my closet the other day and was admiring my shoes (I tend to do that) when I thought that my equally boring ballet flats just didn't go with the trends anymore. I have had them for a couple of years and so naturally they look worn in. So I decided to revamp them and I am going to show you how to do it too. There are two equally stylish versions of this revamp though I only made one myself. Here is what you'll need:

Ballet flats (any old pair will do but if you have new ones that's great. And also preferably something without a pattern)

Jewels (Only if you want to do this version will you need jewels)

Ribbon or stiff fabric (Only if you want to do the bow version)



Version #1

You will need to have flat-backed ones in order for them to stay. You can do it one of two ways: Either you sew on the jewels (If they have small holes in them and if the fabric your shoe is made from will allow it) or you can glue them on, preferably with hot glue as its more likely to stick. Now for me I glued them onto my shoe as seen above.



Version #2

Take your ribbon or fabric and make it into a bow and glue it or sew it onto your shoe. Now voila! Its that easy.


This is a great way to take old ballet flats or even new ones you don't like anymore and make them new again. So get out there and strut your stuff in your new shoes ;)


Au Revoir,

Disastrous Beauty

2 comments: