Monday, December 13, 2010

Closet Basics

People in all forms of fashion have different opinions on what they think every woman (or girl) needs in her closet. One thing they all can pretty much agree on is a LBD, or a Little Black Dress for some of you fashion newbies. I however disagree, somewhat. Here are some basics that I think every woman, or girl, should have.

1. LBD, LWD or LGD
As I said, many people agree that every girl should have a LBD but, and there is a but here, I have survived almost eighteen years without one! I think that what they should say here is you should have something in a basic neutral, something that works great with a lot of colors, like gray, black or white. Next it should be something you feel great in, something that gives you confidence. Lastly it should be something that looks great on you. The key is to find one that works great on your body shape.

2. Nude & Black Heels
The reason I think these should be a staple in every one's closet is simple. Both these colors work great on everyone and they go with EVERYTHING. Also an extra added bonus with nude shoes is it makes your legs look longer. Who doesn't love that?

3. Floral Skirt
I've never really seen this as an option with anyone before but I think it should be a basic. It's up to you whether you want it in a mini, knee length or ankle length. It also doesn't matter what the color is because, depending on the shape, the skirt would look great with just about every shirt. My favorite parring would be with a nice crisp cut white blouse, heels and a statement necklace.

4. Camisoles
This is an easy one. Get them in a wide variety of colors and in pairs too. The most basic would be white, black and a nude color. It's a great way to wear an otherwise trampy shirt and make it more appropriate.

5. Blazer
Though I don't own one yet myself (Haven't found one I liked) this is pretty basic too. The most important thing to remember is to find one that fits perfectly. You don't want one too big and you definitely don't want one too small.

6. Floral Dress
It seems as if I'm obsessed with florals huh? Well I really like this one because again florals go with many colors. I would get this as either a shorter summer dress or a long maxi dress. Also ruffles are a really great addition. You can easily dress a floral dress up or down depending on the occasion.

Well that's it for my list. If there is anything that you think I left out then let me know on the comments below.

Stay Fabulous,
Disastrous Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment